Lariba to undergo bone marrow transplant

first_imgFilipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite “Her doctors are now preparing Yanyan for her bone marrow transplant. The procedure and other medical expenses is estimated from P1.6M to P3M,” it added.READ: Rio Olympian Ian Lariba diagnosed with leukemiaFEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’Lariba had been diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), La Salle announced in May.The La Salle star was the first Filipino table tennis player to represent the country in the Summer Olympics. MOST READ LIVE: Sinulog 2020 Grand Parade Missile-capable frigate BRP Jose Rizal inches closer to entering PH Navy’s fleet Duterte’s ‘soft heart’ could save ABS-CBN, says election lawyer Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next PH Olympian Ian Lariba.Rio Olympian Ian Lariba is set to undergo a bone marrow transplant even as De La Salle continued to ask for support for the ailing athlete.“Yanyan Lariba’s recent laboratory results are encouraging and she is currently undergoing consolidation chemotherapy to sustain her improving health condition,” said DLSU Sports in a tweet.ADVERTISEMENT Malacañang open to creating Taal Commission Duterte’s ‘soft heart’ could save ABS-CBN, says election lawyer View comments IT happens: Facebook sorry for Xi Jinping’s name mistranslation End of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES The 22-year-old paddler dominated the UAAP table tennis field in her five-year stint for the Green Paddlers where she became a three-time Most Valuable Player, Rookie of the Year in Season 74, and the UAAP Athlete of the Year in Seasons 77 and 78.READ: Athletes unite for ailing LaribaDLSU called on their community to extend financial assistance to Lariba and her family to “defray the cost of the expenses.”Donations can be sent through Mrs. Imelda N. Lariba by making deposits to the following savings accounts: BDO 870-007-459 and UCPB 104120046272. –Rogelio Jr Nato, INQUIRER.net internADVERTISEMENT 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano Tatum, Celtics 3-0; Summer League set for tournament stagelast_img read more

Read more

TOP LETTERKENNY RESTAURANT CLOSES ITS DOORS

first_imgONE of Letterkenny’s best-known and liked restaurants has closed its doors.Beetroot on the town’s Port Road has enjoyed a famous reputation for doing good quality food since opening three years ago.However the eaterie, which was owned by businessman Donal Cox closed its doors on Wednesday night and the liquidator has now been appointed. A spokesman for the restaurant was today calling diners who had tables booked for future events to tell them they could not honour them.Queries about vouchers for the restaurant are now being referred to the liquidator.It is believed that six jobs have been lost as a result of the closure.Ends TOP LETTERKENNY RESTAURANT CLOSES ITS DOORS was last modified: April 15th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Beetrootclosedletterkennylast_img read more

Read more

GARDAI NOW INTERVIEWING A DOZEN DONEGAL PEOPLE ABOUT €20M SCAM

first_imgA number of Donegal victims of French conman Francois de Dietrich have now contacted Gardai after losing money in the infamous €20 million scam.Donegaldaily.com has learned that detectives from Letterkenny are now interviewing at least a DOZEN people in relation to the get-rich-scheme.Up until recently Gardai had only received a small amount of official complaints about the missing investment money. But that number is now growing rapidly as De Dietrich refuses to return to Ireland to answer charges against him.All these investors contacted the Gardai in recent weeks to make official complaints after De Dietrich fled the country with their cash.The detectives have taken statements about their investments and their dealings with the businessman who was based in Ballybofey until before Christmas.One of the men interviewed told donegaldaily this morning that more and more people are coming forward to tell how they lost money in the scheme. “I think there is a lot of embarrassment around the scheme that people haven’t wanted to go public on it.“People have been thinking that they would eventually get their money back but that’s beginning to look less likely.“I think most people who invested in the scheme now realise they will be lucky to get their money back nevermind make any profit from it,” he said.At least 200 people from across Donegal invested various sums of cash in the scheme with De Dietrich’s company ETIC Solutions.The company claimed they could make a profit of 40% on the initial investment in a matter of just weeks by buying liquidated stock and selling it on at huge profits. A small minority of people did receive a profit but most have been left high and dry despite promise after promise by ETIC Solutions.De Dietrich has been sentenced to 18 months in prison by the High Court in Belfast for contempt of court.However he has twice failed to appear and nobody is certain of his whereabouts at present.Ends GARDAI NOW INTERVIEWING A DOZEN DONEGAL PEOPLE ABOUT €20M SCAM was last modified: April 19th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Francois de DietrichLetterkenny Gardaiscamlast_img read more

Read more