What’s the most popular car brand in Ireland?

first_imgAccording to the Central Statistics Office Volkswagen was the most popular brand of new private cars licensed in August 2017.This was followed by Ford, Toyota, Skoda, and Nissan.Together these five top brands make up 43.3% of all new private cars licensed – whereas the other 56.7% is made up by miscellaneous makes, the figure an amalgam of lesser known brands. Petrol or diesel? In the first eight months of 2017, 75,795 (64.9%) new private cars licensed were diesel, while 95.8% of new private cars licensed in the same period were in the A/B CO2 emissions bands.Used cars have become more popular in 2017, with 8,105 new private cars being licensed for the first time last month, a decrease of 17.1% compared to this time last year. 8,220 used private cars were licensed, representing a rise of 34% on the same time last year.In the first eight months of 2017, 116,767 new cars were licensed, down 10% from last year. Used cars are again more popular at this time of year, with the figure increasing 42.8% with the same period in 2016.The total number of vehicles licensed during August 2017 was 21,551 compared with 21,178 during the same month in 2016, an increase of 1.8%. What’s the most popular car brand in Ireland? was last modified: September 8th, 2017 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:carCSONewPopularpopularitystatisticsusedvolkswagenlast_img read more

Read more