Bacolod to usher in ‘golden decade of infrastructure’

first_img“This is going to be a golden decade ofinfrastructure in Bacolod. For the first-time ever, the city itself is set toimplement more than P2 billion worth of projects. This is made possible becauseof the loan we obtained from the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP),”Leonardia said. Leonardia said the P150 million inlocal fund will also be allocated for the concreting of roads, following thedemolition of illegal structures in this city. He added the construction of a10,000-seater Bacolod MassKara Coliseum worth P800 million and the P163 millionworth museum-auditorium on the land donated by the Yanson family in BarangayTangub – is expected to start in the first quarter. In August last year, Leonardia and DBPChairman of the Board Alberto Romulo signed the agreement for the P1.7-billionloan that will fund the city’s four “big-ticket” projects. Aside from building the coliseum, thecity government is also implementing the P350-million development of ProgresoVillage Relocation Site; P350-million Bacolod City College Site Development andFacilities; and P200-million construction of roads and bridges. BACOLOD City – The city government isset to implement over P2 billion worth of major projects this year to usher inthe “golden decade of infrastructure,” according to Mayor EvelioLeonardia.      Sen. Juan Miguel Zubiri wasfacilitating the release of the national government funding for themuseum-auditorium, which he considers as his legacy project for the city.(With a report from PNA/PN) “We want the growth and development ofBacolod to accelerate, to surge ahead. We would like to see Bacolod zoom inthis decade,” Leonardia said on Monday. “In 2006, we said the GovernmentCenter was the (city’s) biggest (infrastructure project) ever. In 2020, weproclaim that the coliseum of P800 million, will now be on record the biggestever,” he added.   last_img read more

Read more

Barcelona may bench Suarez if he fails to depart

first_imgLuis Suarez could spend a whole season on the sidelines if he fails to negotiate an exit from Barcelona. The 33-year-old is surplus to requirements at the Camp Nou and has been told to find a new club. However, ESPN report the Uruguayan still has a year remaining on his deal and he wants the Catalan giants to pay the remainder should he leave this summer. Barcelona have also told sources they are willing to let Suarez sit in the stands until his contract expires next summer. A move to Juventus could be on the cards as new boss Andrea Pirlo looks for a backup to Cristiano Ronaldo. Terms have reportedly been agreed but a number of obstacles are still preventing a transfer. Many had assumed Suarez’s departure was down to new manager Ronald Koeman but the Dutchman has insisted it was the club’s call. Suarez is Barcelona’s third all-time top goalscorer and has been one of their key players since joining in 2014.Advertisement Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Here Are The Top 10 Tiniest Mobile Phones On The Planet!Ever Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew AboutWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Thailand’s Most Exquisite Architectural WondersPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do His friendship with Lionel Messi has seen them flourish on the pitch and they formed two thirds of the lethal ‘MSN’ partnership with Neymar until 2017. Last season saw his influence diminish and he scored 16 goals in 28 La Liga appearances. He has admitted he would take a reduced role with the Blaugrana – but wants clarity on his future. “There has been talk of some names that the president suggested, changes that could be made, but nobody has told me that they want to get rid of me,” Suarez told AS. “If that is what the club wants it would be nice if the director responsible for these decisions spoke directly with me. It’s better than leaking if I’m one of the players they want to leave. We’ll see what happens. read also: Suarez agrees Juventus terms “I want what’s best for the club as well and right now my intention is to stay on but if the club decide I’m no longer wanted, I have no problem talking to those that decide.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Loading… last_img read more

Read more

Borgen is spectacular at Buffalo River Fargo Tractor special

first_imgGLYNDON, Minn. (Sept. 13-14) – A driver who is no stranger to victory lane at Buffalo River Race Park found his way to that hallowed ground again Sunday night.Bryce Borgen topped the $1,000 to win IMCA Xtreme Motor Sports Modified main event in the 2014 season finale. The two-time BRRP track champion earned a spot on the ballot for the 2015 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational along with the Fargo Tractor IMCA Spectacular checkers. Deveryn Malmlov, Saturday winner Justin Jones, Michael Greseth and Cody Erickson completed the top five. Borgen had started fourth and was most of a straightaway behind Jones before starting his drive to the front. “All of a sudden my car just came alive,” Borgen said following his third sanctioned win of the season. “I’d run second on Saturday night. It felt good to be able to work my way by him (Jones) and pass him on the top side.” The final caution came with three circuits left in the 30-lapper. Borgen’s margin of victory was two car lengths. Jones earned $750 for his Saturday victory. Rick Pavlicek swept the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod features, earning $300 on opening night and $500 on Sunday. Sept. 13 Feature Results Modifieds – 1. Justin Jones; 2. Bryce Borgen; 3. Michael Greseth; 4. Bob Sagen; 5. Michael Tiani; 6. Shane Bruns; 7. Tyler Hall; 8. Jeff Odden; 9. Brent Pulskamp; 10. David Goulet; 11. Tyler Peterson; 12. Dusty Peterson; 13. Larry Niemi; 14. Tim Perkins; 15. Brennan Borg; 16. Josh Beaulieu; 17. Deveryn Malmlov; 18. Matt Aukland; 19. Ross Romdalvik; 20. Billy Vogel; 21. Tom Cummings; 22. Dan Dowling.Northern SportMods – 1. Rich Pavlicek; 2. Tim Kanten; 3. Scott Zimmerman; 4. Scott Jacobson; 5. Tailin Tommerdahl; 6. Tom Andring; 7. Patrick Brejcha; 8. Michael Ernst; 9. Charlie Jensen; 10. Jesse Skalicky; 11. Lucas Rodin; 12. Levi Babcock; 13. Jeff Nelson; 14. Nick Curtis; 15. Cody Peterson; 16. Robert Plath; 17. Luke Lick; 18. Danny Hazemann; 19. Andrew Maxwell; 20. Jackson Moffett. Sept. 14 Feature ResultsModifieds – 1. Borgen; 2. Malmlov; 3. Jones; 4. Greseth; 5. Cody Erickson; 6. Pulskamp; 7. Sagen; 8. Tyler Peterson; 9. Hall; 10. Beaulieu; 11. Goulet; 12. Tiana; 13. Niemi; 14. Borg; 15. Dowling; 16. Dusty Peterson; 17. Odden; 18. Bruns; 19. Vogel; 20. John Schuelke.Northern SportMods – 1. Pavlicek; 2. Ernst; 3. Kanten; 4. Tommerdah; 5. Chris Vanmil; 6. Jensen; 7. Jacobson; 8. Lick; 9. Peterson; 10. Rodin; 11. Brady Petermann; 12. Maxwell; 13. Andring; 14. Curtis; 15. Plath; 17. Donny Marquardt; 18. Nelson; 19. Brejcha; 20. Hazemann.last_img read more

Read more

Baggies tracking Anelka

first_imgWest Brom boss Steve Clarke is monitoring Nicolas Anelka’s situation as he attempts to bolster his striking options. Press Association The 34-year-old Frenchman is a free agent after his short-term contract at Juventus expired, and it is understood the Baggies have registered an interest in him. Clarke and Anelka know each other from their time together at Chelsea where the Scot was part of the coaching set-up for the first nine months of Anelka’s stay at Stamford Bridge. center_img Anelka has enjoyed an eventful career, which began as a trainee at Paris St Germain, from where he was snapped up for a bargain £500,000 by Arsenal in February 1997. He spent two-and-a-half years in North London before making a £23million switch to Real Madrid, and has since had spells at PSG, Liverpool, Manchester City, Fenerbahce, Bolton, Chelsea, Shanghai Shenhua and Juve. Anelka has 69 international caps to his name, although his involvement with France was effectively ended by an 18-game ban imposed over a row with then coach Raymond Domenech during a stormy 2010 World Cup finals campaign. West Brom’s frontline is currently in a state of flux with Romelu Lukaku having returned to parent club Chelsea after his loan spell and Shane Long having entered the final year of his contract with no extension agreed. The club has been linked with a series of targets, including Czech Republic international Matej Vydra and Wigan’s Franco Di Santo, while the name of Lille’s Salomon Kalou is the latest to feature on the rumour mill. last_img read more

Read more

UFC Nashville’s Anthony Pettis: ‘I feel like I’m in The Matrix again’

first_imgFour years after losing the UFC lightweight title and a handful of days away from beginning a new chapter in his career with a main event assignment at welterweight, Anthony Pettis finally knows who and what led to his fall from grace.”I lost focus of how I got to the top,’ said Pettis, speaking with Sporting News just days before his Saturday showdown with Stephen Thompson in Nashville, Tennessee. “I had so much success quick and I didn’t really understand how that happened; I just thought I was that good.” Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a yearIt’s an easy statement to scoff at now and criticize because it sounds unbelievably arrogant, but when you look back at the five-year period that ended with Pettis losing the lightweight title to Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 185, it makes sense.The Milwaukee native seemed like a natural — a life-long martial artist who made the seamless transition to mixed martial arts and entered the 2010 campaign with a 10-1 record, having suffered the first loss of his professional career at the end of 2009.In 2010, he won four fights and captured the WEC lightweight title in spectacular fashion, punctuating his championship victory over Benson Henderson with “The Showtime Kick,” his inventive cage-walking attack that has been played millions of times over and remains one of the most creative strikes in MMA history.Though he stumbled in his UFC debut, Pettis proceeded to rattle off three straight wins, including back-to-back highlight reel knockouts of Joe Lauzon and Donald Cerrone, to land in a rematch with Henderson at home in Milwaukee, only this time, it was the UFC lightweight belt hanging in the balance.In the final minute of the opening round, he caught Henderson in a deep armbar and with just under 30 seconds remaining in the frame, the champion submitted.Pettis made things look effortless and with his good looks, sharp style and poise on camera, he seemed destined to become one of the biggest stars in the sport.After retaining his title in a showdown with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, he headed into UFC 185 on a five-fight winning streak and ready to break into the mainstream. He was the headlining act on a pay-per-view for the first time and his image appeared on the iconic orange Wheaties box.All he needed to do was get through Rafael dos Anjos and he would rocket to new heights.“When you think you’re that good, you skip the details and the little fundamentals that make you that good and start chasing these spin kicks and jump kicks,” said Pettis, who dropped the title to dos Anjos and has earned just three wins over his last nine starts. “Even though I landed them, that’s not how I fight and then I became this guy who was going to land this crazy kick.“When I really sat back and watched all my losses, watched all my fights, broke down the camps, I understood what I was missing and it was the small details that I wasn’t drilling day in and day out that led to my downfall. I lost that and I’m the first to admit it. When I noticed it, I was like, ‘Damn. That was me. I’m the reason why I lost those details. Not anybody else. It was me.’”As much as Pettis has struggled to find consistency over the past four years, it’s not as if there has been a sharp decline in terms of his effort or the level of competition he’s faced inside the Octagon.He’s faced a who’s who of elite talent in the lightweight division and had a two-fight dalliance at featherweight that produced a win over Charles Oliveira and an interim title fight against current undisputed champion Max Holloway.And there have been flashes of a return to form as well, most notably in his second-round submission win over Michael Chiesa last year at UFC 226, where he showcased the effortless, flowing style that previously carried him to the top of the division.That streak of facing stiff competition continues this weekend as he ventures to welterweight to square off with Thompson, focused on starting fresh and getting back to being the “Showtime” of old.“A couple of things played into this one,” he said when asked of the decision to move up to the 170-pound weight class. “One of the biggest things is the logjam at 155 pounds.“If you look at who I’ve fought, I’ve fought pretty much everybody, so that was one of the deciding factors. (Secondly), I feel like my performance is being hindered by my weight cuts, based on the Tony (Ferguson) fight. I broke my hand and I feel like I’m making my body go through such a crazy, traumatic thing on Friday and I’m not even thinking about the fight until I’m done with Friday.“So I was like, ‘I want to come get ready for a fight; not a weight cut.’ I talked to Duke, we looked at the roster at ’55, we looked at the roster at ’70 and this fight right here makes me motivated. I need this win.”As much as he needs this victory, the pairing with Thompson also offers Pettis an opportunity to catapult into the thick of the title chase with a victory on Saturday night.Much like Pettis, Thompson arrives in Nashville in the midst of the roughest stretch of his career.A fixture in the Top 5 for the last several years, Thompson faced Tyron Woodley in back-to-back welterweight title fights at UFC 205 and UFC 209 and came away empty handed. After rebounding with a win over Jorge Masvidal, he ventured across the Atlantic and caught a loss to Darren Till in Liverpool, dropping him to 1-2-1 over his last four outings.With the division suddenly flush with fresh names and intriguing new options, “Wonderboy” has been forced out of the title conversation for the time being, but remains one of the longest-tenured contenders in the division, providing Pettis with a tremendous chance to make an immediate impact in his new surroundings on Saturday.“I have the skill set to beat this guy,” he said of Thompson. “I respect him. I’m not going to go out there and not be respectful — I know what he’s capable of — but I’ve seen it my whole life. Side kicks, round kicks, the rangy fights; I grew up doing that.“He’s not the kind of guy that’s going to come hold me down, looking for a decision; he’s coming for a knockout, I’m looking for the knockout and we’ve got 25 minutes to get it done.”Just as he’s quick to admit he made mistakes during his days atop the lightweight division and in the years since, Pettis also acknowledges that his current “I wish I knew then what I know now” vibe sounds like it’s taken straight out of The Rebounder Fighter’s Guide to Saying the Right Things.“(The mental part of my game) is so strong right now — I wish I would have had this mindset when I was the champion because I would still be the champion,” said Pettis. “It sounds cliche, right, that you’ve got to go through that to get to here, but unless you face some adversity and some challenges, you don’t sit back and assess what is going on.“I think if I would have kept winning, I never would have sat back to assess what I was missing, but now that I’ve had to do it and my mind has matured, it feels good.“This camp, with my sparring sessions, felt like how I used to feel and I didn’t know I was doing it,” he added. “I was too young and immature to know what I was doing, but now that I can recognize it, whenever I get off path, I’m like, ‘Let’s get back to what we’re supposed to be doing.’ My skill set is growing and it feels like I’m in The Matrix again.” Plugged back in and primed to square off with Mr. Thompson this weekend in Nashville, Pettis believes this is truly the beginning of the next phase of his career and plans on starting it in style on Saturday night.“I’ve seen the side kicks. I’ve seen the round kicks. I’ve seen all that before, so I feel like I’m the right guy to (beat him) and win this fight,” he said. “I love his style. I love this style of fight. I love the success he had with traditional martial arts in the UFC, but I feel like there is no way he can do that to me. There is just no way.“The world is going to see a totally different Anthony Pettis. You will not see me backing up, until it is strategic. I’m going at this guy with a smart attack. If he hits me, I’m going to have an answer.”last_img read more

Read more