Tag: 郑州雁南飞足浴验证

CATEGORIES:

first_imgMore than 150 families along the Soesdyke/Linden Highway are benefiting from potable water for the firstGWI Executive Director for Infrastructure Planning and Implementation Ramchand Jailaltime. This is after a well was drilled and a water supply system was installed in their community.Guyana Water Inc (GWI) Executive Director for Infrastructure Planning and Implementation, Ramchand Jailal, told the Government Information Agency (GINA) that GWI is moving aggressively to serve communities not receiving water.Jailal explained that GWI is also in the process of setting up a water supply system at Silver Hill, another community along the Soesdyke/Linden Highway. “That one is presently being tested and works are ongoing and we’re hoping to have that well completed within another two weeks for residents in the area to benefit from potable water supply,” he said.Drought earlier this year resulted in residents of Silver Hill being without access to water in their community. The residents, including school children, had to access water from tankers or creeks far away.“It is expected that when the new well is drilled, residents will be relieved from their burdens,” Jailall said, adding that works should be completed within the next two months.Additionally, works are ongoing in several communities on the East Coast of Demerara, including Dazzle Housing Scheme, Lusignan, the railway embankment and President’s College road.GWI is installing additional transmission mains for persons who have no access to water in those communities. Residents of Angoy’s Avenue, New Amsterdam, Berbice are also to benefit from water supply.last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgThe Board of Directors of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) has approved US$256.7 million grant to Liberia under the Millennium Challenge Compact program.The grant was approved during the MCC Board’s annual meeting held on September 7, in Washington D.C and chaired by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.The Board’s approval now paves the way for the formal signing of a bi-lateral agreement (to be known as the Liberia Compact) between the Liberian and U.S. governments to be held in the United States by October.It will fund projects in electricity, road maintenance, reforms and capacities building and also replace the damaged water supply line from Mt. Coffee Hydro Plant to the White Plains Water Treatment Plant.Finance and Development Planning Minister Amara M. Konneh will sign on behalf of the Government of Liberia, while Ms. Dana Hyde, CEO of the Millennium Challenge Corporation, will sign on behalf of the US Government.Upon signing, the Compact will be submitted to the Liberian National Legislature for ratification.The Liberian government, through the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning, has welcomed the news and praised the U.S. Government for the Compact Grant, noting that it will significantly impact the lives of ordinary Liberians through poverty reduction, job creation and economic growth.The Finance Ministry noted that Liberia’s road to the Compact began in 2008 with the Threshold Country Program through which the U.S. Government provided US$15 million grant to support the Liberian government’s interventions to increase girls’ primary education completion, land rights and access, and to improve Liberia’s trade policy, all of which have contributed to Liberia’s recovery.The Compact program is competitive, and requires countries to meet key indicators relevant to economic and political governance. These include ‘Governing Justly’, which measures the protection of civil rights including the right to free speech; and ‘Control of Corruption’, measuring government’s transparency and accountability in public financial management. Liberia continues to make progress on those and other key indicators, in spite of the many challenges.Meanwhile MFDP has disclosed that MCC CEO Hyde has telephoned President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf to inform her of the MCC Board’s decision and congratulated her for Liberia’s success in securing the MCC Compact Grant.The MCC Board has also approved a Compact Grant with Morocco and a Threshold Program with Sierra Leone. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgDONEGAL may be feeling the horror of the recession but one community is reaping the benefits – of a horror movie!The Inishowen Peninsula has been given a welcome boost after the arrival of cast and crew to film the comedy horror Grabbers.Dozens of crew arrived across Inishowen a couple of weeks ago and many hotels and coffee shops are feeling the spin-off. A number of businesses including the Carlton Redcastle Hotel say that many of their rooms are block-booked at a normally quiet time of the year.The film stars Richard Coyle ( Coupling ), Ruth Bradley ( The Clinic) , Russell Tovey ( Being Human ) and Bronagh Gallagher ( The Commitments ).It’s a comedy horror about a bunch of squid-like creatures who take over a small town.The only way people can escape them is to get drunk, which they all end up doing. Of course that would be absolutely nothing to do with the fact that many bars across Inishowen are also reporting an upturn in trade since the arrival of cast and crew for the film.Another local business success story to benefit from the arrival of the film-makers is Caffe Banba which is owned by Malin Head man Dominic McDermott whose mobile coffee shop has been working around the clock.EndsHORROR AS INISHOWEN FIGHTS OFF RECESSION WITH A MOVIE! was last modified: January 27th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_img1 Richard Money Cambridge United have sacked manager Richard Money after three years at the helm.Money guided the U’s to promotion back into the Football League in 2014 and to FA Trophy glory in the same season.Last term, he presided over a memorable FA Cup run, which saw Cambridge take Manchester United to a replay, and led the club to League Two survival.He was duly rewarded with a three-year deal in May which also gave him greater off-field control. But Money has now been shown the door just five months later after a difficult start to the new campaign.Cambridge have won just five of their 16 games and are 18th in the League Two table following Friday night’s defeat at home to Bristol Rovers.Assistant manager Joe Dunne will take charge of training this week ahead of the club’s FA Cup tie against Basingstoke at the Abbey Stadium on Saturday.“The club has taken this difficult decision due to the disappointing pattern of results over the last nine months and because the current squad is not showing consistent signs of achieving its potential,” read a U’s statement.“We want to place on record our sincere thanks to Richard, who has been instrumental in the club’s progress over the last three years. “He led the team to success in the FA Trophy, promotion back to the Football League and a memorable run in the FA Cup last season which culminated in two games against Manchester United. Richard has achieved a special place in the history of Cambridge United Football Club and will always be warmly welcomed at the Abbey Stadium.”last_img read more

Read More