Tag: 上海拍牌价格走势2019

CATEGORIES:

first_imgParticipants at the just ended national stakeholders dialogue Widespread substance abuse in the country has claimed citizens’ attention and, they want government to put an immediate end to it by prosecuting those importing the narcotic substances.The citizens are not alone in their fight to curb drug abuse. Grand Bassa County District #5 Representative Thomas Goshua has also called on citizens, including rural dwellers, particularly those in concession areas, to stop the use of illegal substances, something he observed is now on the increase.“As a government, we need to put stop to this issue, because it is damaging the future of our young generation,” Goshua said.He made the remarks on Thursday, May 24, at a one-day high level national dialogue with stakeholders on progress made so far and the challenges faced by people living in rural areas.The dialogue was held among five counties, including Sinoe, Gbarpolu, Grand Gedeh, Grand Bassa and Bomi/Cape Mount, under the theme, “Strengthening Women’s Right and Participation in Peace-building.”The event was organized by EDUCARE, a local non-governmental organization, to highlight the social effect on those using illegal substances.During the discussions participants expressed concern that if the government does not contain this in the coming years, more people will be like those who are currently in the streets (crazy people) as a result of drug addiction.All of the counties that participated in the training flagged a number of problems, including drug addiction, especially among  youths.In Gbarpolu and Sinoe counties, according to the women representatives at the dialogue, there is a shortage of resourceful men as most of the men in those areas have turned into drug users. The women said most of the men consume narcotic drugs.They accused state security personnel assigned in these counties of aiding drug traffickers because of the kickbacks they receive. “Women are fighting over men because the bulk of the handsome young men in the county are taking drugs; this is serious and needs government intervention.”About the projectEDUCARE is strengthening women rights and participation in peace-building and is working with 1,150 rural women at the grass-root level from across 23 key concession communities in five counties.Under the project, women in the targeted concession areas will be able to engage and meaningfully participate in the management of the natural resources within their communities and place demand for their rights from stakeholders, including demands for the implementation of agreed corporate social responsibility arrangements.Under the project,  23 concession communities women’s development structures have received capacity building assistance, to enable the attainment of mutual benefits through playing the role of mediation, helping to negotiate disagreements and conflicts between the companies and community members.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgWNO is a 20-hour training programme that helps people who areunemployed to access new education, volunteering, enterprise, and employment opportunities.The programme assists participants in gaining confidence in their skills and strengths, while at the same time helping them to analyse and develop solutions for their ownsituations.To date, WNO training programmes have been run in Donegal,Sligo, Galway, Limerick, and Tipperary; a recent survey found that 92% of respondents felt they had benefitted “a great deal” from the programme. The Arranmore Island WNO programme is being run byTuath in collaboration with Meitheal Forbartha na Gaeltachta (MFG), and is funded by the International Fund for Ireland. The programme will take place at Ionad Pobail Arain Mhór from Monday, 7th March, to Friday, 11th March, for four hours per day. Please ring MFG on (074) 95 32017 for more information.THE ‘WINNING NEW OPPORTUNITIES’ PROGRAMME COMES TO ARRANMORE was last modified: February 16th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgThe organiser of a massive truck protest which converged on Dail Eireann today has revealed he has secured a meeting with the new Minister for Transport.But Donegal businessman John McLaughlin warned that if polticians don’t keep their promise, he will bring the country to a standstill with another huge truck protest.The Covoy-based haulier, of JML Transport, today handed in a letter of protest at Leinster House complaining about the recent hike in fuel costs. Gardai appealed to protestors not to bring Dublin to a standstill and an agreement was reached to allow just 15 vehicles into the city centre.Mr McLaughlin earlier led a fleet of trucks into the city centre after travelling from Donegal on Monday and picking up almost 100 vehicles along the way.They were also joined by two coach-loads of people from across Donegal who travelled up earlier this morning.Now the Donegal businessman has revealed he has been promised a meeting by Fine Gael if, as expected, they win the upcoming general election. However Mr McLaughlin, whose workforce has been depleted from a workforce of 78 to just 8 within two years, has promised strong action if he does not secure that meeting with the Government.“We have behaved ourselves all along and done everything by the book and co-operate with the Gardai.“We are hopeful that we can get that meeting with the new Government and we have to take people on their word on that.“But I can tell you that if we do not get that meeting within three weeks then we will bring this country to a standstill with a massive truck protest.“That is not a threat but we have to follow through with this and show the new Government that we mean business. “This does not just involve the transport companies because the ordinary person on the street is having to pay up to €20 a week just to run their car and they simply can’t afford that,” he said.EndsDONEGAL TRUCK BOSS PROMISES MORE PROTESTS IF NEW GOVERNMENT DOESN’T ACT was last modified: February 23rd, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_img1 Richard Money Cambridge United have sacked manager Richard Money after three years at the helm.Money guided the U’s to promotion back into the Football League in 2014 and to FA Trophy glory in the same season.Last term, he presided over a memorable FA Cup run, which saw Cambridge take Manchester United to a replay, and led the club to League Two survival.He was duly rewarded with a three-year deal in May which also gave him greater off-field control. But Money has now been shown the door just five months later after a difficult start to the new campaign.Cambridge have won just five of their 16 games and are 18th in the League Two table following Friday night’s defeat at home to Bristol Rovers.Assistant manager Joe Dunne will take charge of training this week ahead of the club’s FA Cup tie against Basingstoke at the Abbey Stadium on Saturday.“The club has taken this difficult decision due to the disappointing pattern of results over the last nine months and because the current squad is not showing consistent signs of achieving its potential,” read a U’s statement.“We want to place on record our sincere thanks to Richard, who has been instrumental in the club’s progress over the last three years. “He led the team to success in the FA Trophy, promotion back to the Football League and a memorable run in the FA Cup last season which culminated in two games against Manchester United. Richard has achieved a special place in the history of Cambridge United Football Club and will always be warmly welcomed at the Abbey Stadium.”last_img read more

Read More