Tag: 上海夜网论坛XX

CATEGORIES:

first_imgVice President Joseph Boakai has said that the rule of law is crucial to the building of a vibrant democratic society in which the rights of all citizens are guaranteed.“There is no way a country can go on without the rule of law,” the VP said, when he visited with authorities of the 10th Judicial Circuit Court in Voinjama City, Lofa County, during his week-long post-Ebola tour. He visited the Court in order to acquaint himself with activities there.He further stated that the provision of logistics for the courts to do their work is critical to the legal process and promised that government will make sure that courts are properly empowered to do their work to ensure the rule of law in the country. The lack of these basic logistics has contributed to the slow pace of the dispensing of justice in the country, he said.He noted that Judge Nancy Finda Sammy, who was not present, had acquainted him with the challenges facing the court, including conveying prisoner(s) from other parts of the county and lack of transportation for the court’s operations.He praised her for restoring dignity to the court.The Tenth Judicial Circuit of Lofa County presented a document listing the critical needs and priorities of the court to the Vice President. The VP said he would consult with judicial authorities in Monrovia for proper redress.One of the requests that Mr. Foday A. Konneh, Coordinator, Lofa County Branch, National Association of Trial Judges, presented to the VP was that there be two pre-trial detention centers for holding accused persons until their conviction. They must be transferred to the Voinjama Central Prison. “One of these pre-trial detention centers should be located in Zorzor City to serve Zorzor and Salayea Districts. Another should be built in Kolahun City to serve Kolahun, Vahun and Foya Districts.”“As earlier discussed with you by Judge Sammy,” Konneh further stated, “we also wish to remind you of the dire need for vehicles to help transfer accused persons and convicts from various magisterial Courts as had been done by UNMIL.”Earlier, the Vice President toured the Voinjama Market where a new market building under the auspices of the Sirleaf Market Women Fund is being constructed. He also visited the Lofa County Community College to acquaint himself with the situation there.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_img− 1 nabbed Moments after committing a robbery on the R Ramlogan General Store, Enmore, East Coast Demerara, on Monday one man was apprehended while five others are on the run. The robbery reportedly occurred at about 17:00h by a group of men who were all armed with handgunsThe car used by the men to commit the robberyReports are after committing the robbery the armed men boarded a pink Toyota Raum bearing registration PNN 334 and left the scene.However, as the vehicle drove off, the Police gave chase but came under fire. In retaliation, the Police discharge several rounds at vehicle, one of which shattered the back windscreen.The shootout reportedly started at Enmore and ended in Bare Root Village, ECD, which led to the arrest of one of the bandits. The others reportedly abandoned the car and ran into the bushy area in the backdam.An unlicensed firearm was reportedly found in the possession of the man apprehended. He was taken into custody and is being grilled about the names of his accomplices. The car was impounded at the Cove and John Police Station.Acting Crime Chief, Hugh Jessemy when contacted told Guyana Times that the men had committed a robbery in the area and with quick response by the Police one was arrested. While he did not have much information about the robbery, he noted that a team of investigators were up to late Monday evening at the store taking statements from the victims.Attempts to contact the Ramlogams proved futile.Meanwhile Guyana Times understands that this is not the first time the store has been robbed by armed men. One resident disclosed that only a few months ago gunmen stormed the establishment and carted off an undisclosed sum of money and other items. Police in C Division have launched a manhunt for the escaped bandits.last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgAFTER being stuck in the internet dark ages for more than a decade, rural parts of Donegal are set to benefit from a Rural Broadband Scheme.Communications Minister Pat Rabbitte will formally launch the scheme in the next few weeks, a move welcomed by Labour colleague Jimmy Harte – and opposition politicians.County councillor Harte, a candidate in the forthcomning Seanad elections, said Donegal communities would benefit. “It is outrageous that so many rural communities still have to use dial-up services to get onto the internet,” said Cllr Harte.“The last government scheme failed to deal with that and I’m delighted that this will now be addressed.”Companies like 3 have revolutionised areas like Gaoth Dobhair by providing fast broadband access to the internet.But other communities like those in Culdaff on the Inishowen peninsula have been shafted by government policy. Sinn Féin TD Pearse Doherty said the announcment will be welcomed by many communities across Donegal who were not included in the previous National Broadband Scheme and are without a basic broadband service.He told donegaldaily: “I welcome the response by the Minister that he is to formally launch a new rural broadband scheme in the next couple of weeks.“This will be welcomed by many communities across Donegal who were not included in the previous National Broadband Scheme and are without a basic broadband service.“Many areas in the state, particularly in Donegal are still to this day without any broadband connectivity. Such facilities are vital to the creation and retention of jobs and to enhancing the quality of life in rural areas.“The previous National Broadband Scheme was flawed in that it didn’t include large areas due to the terms of reference of that scheme. “This new rural broadband scheme will complete the job of providing a basic broadband service to all houses in the state.“The roll out of the scheme is to be completed by the end of 2012 and while this is to be welcomed it is unacceptable in the 21st Century that communities have had to wait for so long for such a basic service.  I would urge the Government to fast-track this scheme as much as possible.”endsDONEGAL DELIGHT AS GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES RURAL BROADBAND SCHEME was last modified: April 21st, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:culdaffdonegalGaoth Dobhairjimmy hartePearse Dohertyrural broadband schemelast_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgHere are the top transfer-related stories in Friday’s newspapers…Arsene Wenger has hinted he will leave Arsenal in 2017. The Frenchman’s current £8m-a-year deal expires at the end of next season. (Daily Mirror)The manager was round on by angry Gunners fans at yesterday’s feisty annual general meeting, with supporters slamming the team’s ‘embarrassing’ Champions League record. (Daily Express)Manchester United look set to miss out on signing Athletic Bilbao’s French under-21 defender Aymeric Laporte, who will join Barcelona next summer in a deal worth around £35m. (Daily Mirror)Both United boss Louis van Gaal and Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino are monitoring Newcastle forward Ayoze Perez. (Newcastle Chronicle) Magpies boss Steve McClaren has revealed the club will NOT sign an emergency goalkeeper following the long-term injury to No.1 Tim Krul, and will wait until January. (Newcastle Chronicle)Everton fans have hit back at former Crystal Palace and QPR manager Neil Warnock after he told talkSPORT that Toffees and England midfielder Ross Barkley, 21, “can’t defend, he can’t take responsibility in his own half”. (Liverpool Echo) Watford manager Quique Flores insists in-form striker Odion Ighalo will not be leaving the club in January despite coming close to a summer move to China. (Daily Star)Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood’s future at the club is in doubt after he angered club owner Randy Lerner by criticising Villa’s transfer business in the summer. (The Sun) Alan Pardew remains entirely focussed on his role as Crystal Palace manager but admits the prospect of taking over as manager of England is an enticing one. (The Guardian)Manchester City are to ask their fans if they want to change the club’s badge. (Daily Mail)And here are the latest talkSPORT.com headlines…Exclusive – Chelsea should have ditched Jose Mourinho and gone for Jurgen Klopp, says former Blues starIt would be a ‘huge mistake’ for Aston Villa to sack Tim Sherwood, assistant Ray Wilkins tells talkSPORTShock transfer report: Robin van Persie could be on his way to Barcelona in January‘Jurgen Klopp will already have made his mark on Liverpool’, insists Tottenham boss Mauricio PochettinoMauricio Pochettino backs Tottenham starlet Dele Alli to make Roy Hodgson’s England Euro 2016 squadSteve McClaren says Tim Krul’s injury could cost Newcastle 20 points in relegation fight this seasonReal Madrid legend Raul announces his retirement from football‘How many trophies has Sam Allardyce won?’ Rafa Benitez responds to Liverpool jibe from former managerial rivalEva Carneiro’s Chelsea exit has ‘put football back 30 years’, claims Blues legend Le SauxExclusive – Ray Wilkins backs former boss Prince Ali’s bid for FIFA presidencylast_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgDONEGAL Mayor Frank McBrearty has said he is delighted – after announcing that more than 125 events have been planned for the year of The Gathering.“Donegal County Council is delighted to be working with community groups throughout the county to make the Donegal Gathering a year which will place Donegal firmly on the map as a location to visit,” said Cllr McBrearty.“As Mayor I look forward to welcoming people from all parts of the world back to Donegal. “These may be people who left recently, the descendents of people who left many years ago, or people who have an interest in this county for whatever reason. We look forward to welcoming one and all.”The Donegal Gathering will consist of a wide range of events which will take place in all parts of the county.The Donegal Gathering 2013 will take place in the broader context of the Irish Gathering. Full details on the Donegal Gathering can be obtained on www.donegalgathering.comDonegal has now over 125 events registered up on the National Gathering website, and growing daily with some of these events seeking to set new records that are seeking to be entered in the Guinness Book of World Records.  MAYOR’S DELIGHT AS 125 DONEGAL EVENTS ANNOUNCED FOR THE GATHERING was last modified: January 8th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:MAYOR’S DELIGHT AS 125 DONEGAL EVENTS ANNOUNCED FOR THE GATHERINGlast_img read more

Read More